[Glass] Some basic internal questions about Encryption

Norm Green norm.green at gemtalksystems.com
Thu May 13 10:16:57 PDT 2021

Hi Bruno,

Each extent and tranlog has it's own (symmetric) session key, stored in
the file in encrypted format.
Each session keys for each extent and tranlog is (asymetric) encrypted
with the same public key and (asymetric) decrypted with the same private
key (the private key used to start the stone).
So you only need 1 public/private key pair to access any extent or
tranlog, but the session key for each extent or tranlog is different.

Does that make sense?

Norm