[GemStone-Smalltalk] Is the Gemstone Install overly complicated?

James Foster Smalltalk at JGFoster.net
Tue Feb 6 17:40:56 PST 2024

Hi Gareth,

You are not being at all unreasonable and there are some efforts to improve the install experience. What platform are you on? If you are on a Macintosh, see https://github.com/jgfoster/GemStoneApp. If you are on Ubuntu, see https://programminggems.wordpress.com/2020/06/17/installing-gemstone-s-on-ubuntu/ or https://alpha-ppa.gemtalksystems.com/. Note that these are unofficial projects but could be made more official if there were sufficient demand. If are evaluating GemStone I’d be happy to walk through this with you, just send an email to me at James.Foster at GemTalkSystems.com <mailto:James.Foster at GemTalkSystems.com>.

James

[resending to the list]