[Glass] Moving data from Pharo with SIXX

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 07:15:55 PST 2013

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Dale K. Henrichs <
dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com> wrote:

> Mariano,
>
> I haven't actually used SIXX in years so it will take some time for me to
> blow the dust off my SIXX SKILLZ:)
>
> The LargeInteger class is new in 3.x so that one is not a surprise ...
> Having to map True and False is not surprising since they are classes that
> don't exist in GemStone ... I almost think that perhaps True and False
> being required might be indicative of a bug on the pharo side, since I seem
> to recall that SIXX has the notion of Booleans builtin so the True and
> False classes should be masked on the creation side ... then again I could
> be remembering this wrong:)
>

> I assume that a set of standard mappings for classes could be created, and
> I'm curious if any of the folks that use SIXX have done so?

I was wondering the same. Anyway, I could at least materialize using this:

srs := SixxShapeChangeReadStream on: (FileStream oldFileNamed: 'xxx.xml').
srs shapeChangers at: #LargePositiveInteger put: LargeInteger.
 srs shapeChangers at: #True put: TrueClass.
srs shapeChangers at: #False put: FalseClass.
materializedObject := srs next .

I am not 100% if that is the correct way to do it but a simple view seems
the materialized graph is OK.

Cheers,