[Glass] tODE is almost ready

Peter O petero at virtual-vendor.com
Thu Jul 10 19:31:43 PDT 2014

Videos, where I can actually read the screen content, is my favourite way
to learn a new technology.  You can knock off many screencast videos in the
time it takes to write documentation.  Both are important, but for a timely
way to get interested people up-and-running, video will let you cover more
ground, in detail, quickly.  Key is to demonstrate good examples.

Best to have several smaller videos posted to a blog, cronologically, so I
can follow from video #1 to #2 ...  write some short text between the video
posts, as this will server as navigation to the best video snippet...
 Thanks.

Peter

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 12:02 PM, Richard Sargent <
richard.sargent at gemtalksystems.com> wrote:

> Paul DeBruicker wrote
> > FWIW I think people would benefit from a play-by-play development example
> > screencast where you, using git and tODE, implement a feature and commit
> > it to the repo.  Start from a fresh extent and load everything up then
> > implement ...
>
> I think the idea of an introductory video is excellent. In general, I
> prefer
> written explanations, but */seeing/* one example worked through would
> greatly facilitate understanding further written explanations.
>
> Of course, if you /are/ willing to make videos and create written
> narratives
> to accompany them, that might be even better. :-)

Peter Odehnal

Virtual-Vendor / Med-Recs
778 338-4800 (direct)
604 696-2300 (main)