[Glass] large blobs

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Mon Jun 16 14:06:15 PDT 2014

John,

You might ask your question on the gemstone mailing list ... most of the
commercial customers do not subscribe to the GLASS list and the commercial
guys are likely to have some experience there ... and they might be willing
to share:)

I assume you know that your blobs will be broken up into 16Kbyte pages for
storage on disk in GemStone so your i/o won't necessarily be as smooth as
sucking large contiguous chunks of bytes directly into the disk buffer ...
that may mean that there could be an advantage to chunking the data
yourself in page sized chucks and building a little infrastructure on top
so that you can randomly access chunks efficiently ... but I haven't
actually tried anything like this...