[Glass] large blobs

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 16:33:55 PDT 2014

I don't have any experience with large blobs in GemStone.

But I did wonder why client requests with the  HTTP Range: header wouldn't
help with your problem.  See

http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/wg/httpbis/specs/rfc7233.html

Presumably the client could/would know exactly how much of the blob data it
already has and then form appropriate requests to just get the missing part
from the filesystem.

Why prefer storing in GemStone vs the Range: scheme?

johnmci wrote