[Glass] What is GemStone's Monticello cache repository?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 06:39:21 PDT 2014

Hi guys,

I wanted to make sure I don't have some .mcz of my app around my server and
I went to check the Monticello cache. In Pharo, the default cache is a
directory repository (under 'package-cache' directory). However, in the
server I didn't find any .mzc around (which is good for me!). However, I
can browse the 'cache' repository from the Monticello tool in GemStone and
see the cache etc...so what type is that repository? where is the cache
stored? Inside GemStone itself?  Indeed, it looks it uses an instance
of MCDictionaryRepository which is likely stored in a symbol list. But just
to be sure.....

Thanks!