[Glass] Updating code from seaside gem

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Oct 21 11:02:06 PDT 2014

Upon further review it is very likely related to a logic error in the
signal handling logic in the vm in the presence of a partial continuation
(which we're using)... the signal handling logic is a bit complicated and
we are interested in getting to the bottom of this, so there are a couple
of things that we could do ..

1. The easiest of all is for us to get our hands on the extent and
reproduce the problem
    in our "lab" then we can easily use gdb to trace execution, etc.
Perhaps a sanitized copy
    of the extent that exhibits the problem.
2. If we can't get our sweaty little hands on an extent directly, a second
option would be to
    use vpn to run gdb against your system in your environment ... not
quite as convenient as
    option 1, but being able to directly debug using gdb still makes things
easier.
3. The final option is to resort to print statement debugging where we
instrument up the Metacello
    code and add some print statements to the vm code in a private build
and have you reproduce
    the problem and then send us the logs ... if we're lucky the first set
of logs will be sufficient for us
    to isolate the problem, if not we'll repeat the cycle until we've
characterized and (hipefully) fixed the
    problem ...

Like I said, we're interested in getting to the bottom of this so let us
know how you'd like to proceed.