[Glass] Should I be worried about symbols lookup performance?

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Apr 1 09:48:32 PDT 2015

Mariano,

I think the reason that we've disabled it by default is that we don't
like to surprise legacy applications ... changing behavior is always
dicey business ... ...a few of our customers have expressed a desire to
be able to gc symbols so they are motivated to enable it ... the ones
that haven't expressed an interest either don't care or are dependent
upon the current behavior:)

I don't think that gc performance is specifically issue, although it
does fall into the area where a legacy app may be sensitive to mfc times
and will notice the change:)

You make a good point, so it might make sense to enable symbol gc by
default for GsDevKit ... I submitted an Issue[1] for this ...

Dale

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome/issues/72