[Glass] How to remote debug exceptions caused by seaside rendering?

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Apr 24 08:45:27 PDT 2015

Hi guys,

I think that at some point this worked for me... but it doesn't anymore...
I have a seaside app and it is using the WAGemsToneWalkbackErrorHandler. I
have an ajax request  that it seems to be causing a walkback. Since it is
an ajax call, I do not even receive the walkback page where it shows the
stack and I have the buttons "remote debug", "full stack" , etc.
Instead.... I have a new entry in the Object Log. In other words, in
GemTools I go to "Debug" and I see the exception there. THERE in the list,
I can see the real error..for example "MessageNotUnderstood ocurred (error
2010), a Set does not undersntand #'on:'".   However, when I click in the
exception so that to open a debugger, the debugger cannot open the stack
because it always fails to get the Seaside context (#session answers nil
and therefore I get another new MNU about this). See attached screenshot.

So... the questions is:

1) In the ideal world, I would like to debug it.
2) If I am not in the ideal world, then at least I would like to see the
stack of the exception. Right now I cannot see ANYTHING... all I know is
Set dnu #on:   so yeah, probably a class I don't have a in GemStone that is
getting a class side #on:

Any idea how can I make this to work?

ps: I have native code enabled. This is in a CentOS machine. I am using
latest GemStone 3.1 and latest Seaside.