[Glass] GLASS appliance (VMWare virtual machine) still available?

Jon Paynter via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Feb 11 17:25:10 PST 2015

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 2:56 PM, Richard Sargent via Glass <

> > I know nobody is interested. But ...
>
> Au contraire. We are definitely interested. What we lack is either time or
> expertise, depending on who you look at.
>
> If there is anyone out there with the experience to automate building an
> appliance from the latest releases, it would be wonderful if you could
> start
> on it. (But it might be best to wait for Dales latest GsDevKit work,
> first.)

What sort of automation are you looking for here?

After several back and forth emails from Dale, I was able to follow a
seemingly simple set of instructions to get a brand new copy of glass up
and running on ubuntu 12.x

It was mainly downloading files and copy+paste from webpages.  The thread
history should be available in the archives if you want to search.   Or I
can attempt to dig it out and add to this thread.