[Glass] Weird Gems crash when exporting sixx (corrupt error???)

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Thu Jan 8 14:13:28 PST 2015

Mariano,

Okay, you do have a weird situation here ....

The "session must logout" error occurred at
2015-01-07T22:58:49.24770092964172-05:00 and the SigSegv occurred at
01/07/2015 23:11:25.502 EST with no intervening logout, so the second
SigSegV might be a side-effect of the earlier error.

The "session must logout" is usually a consequence of an earlier error,
but I don't see any other errors in the log, so perhaps there are
continuations stashed in the object log or other intervening error
handlers that have masked the error or ????

Anyway, one "known" error that results in a "session must logout" can
occur when you get an InternalError (error 2261) while attempting to
decode a utf8 encoded string that has certain invalid utf8 characters,
but like I said there's no evidence that might have happened.

To isolate the SIXX problem and possibly get better information, you
could try doing the SIXX export in an interactive topaz session then you
should see any errors unfiltered by Seaside and fastCGI ...

Dale