[Glass] upgradeSeasideImage with GLASS1 loaded

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Mar 4 12:18:23 PST 2015

On 03/04/2015 11:59 AM, Johan Brichau wrote:
> Dale,
>
> The culprit is that this returns nil
>
> FSResponderRole sharedPools first name

I don't see where this is on the stack?

> This should return FCGIConstants.
> However, it’s already the case before the upgrade, so this has nothing
> to do with (this) upgrade.
>
> The shared pool FCGIConstants is present before and after the seaside
> upgrade.
> I do notice the Monticello Package is gone, which is why Metacello is

Yes all of the package structure needs to be rebuilt (this is the part
where sometimes it is needed and sometimes it is not and I don't have
the resources to track down and test the times when it is not needed
.... for each release) ...

The error on the stack that you included in the mail, implies that the
global cannot be found and that the following results in an error:

   System myUserProfile objectNamed: #FCGIConstants

If the above works after the seaside upgrade then I'm curious what `each
name` is returning...

As I look at the debugger picture again, it does look like `each name`
will return `nil` ...

You can try a patch where you do somehthing like the following before

   FCGIConstants classPool name: #'FCGIConstants'

This should patch the #name .... and hopefully get you going again...

GemStone does not natively support SharedPools, so this has always been
somewhat of a hack ...