[Glass] upgradeSeasideImage with GLASS1 loaded

Johan Brichau via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Mar 4 12:41:41 PST 2015

Hey Dale,

>>         FSResponderRole sharedPools first name
>
> I don't see where this is on the stack?

That’s just how I got my hands on the sharedPool symboldictionary because I got the same crash browsing the FSResponderRole class using OB in GemTools.
It has a nil name and I fixed that now.

In the screenshot, you can see that that SymbolDictionary is in the `each` variable, which is the receiver of #name.

> You can try a patch where you do somehthing like the following before loading your application code:
>
>   FCGIConstants classPool name: #'FCGIConstants'
>
> This should patch the #name .... and hopefully get you going again…

Yes, did that and got going again... to the finish line :)

Thanks for the pointer to the upgrade script!!
When I previously did this upgrade over a year ago, I just followed the steps from the pdf manuals. The script really helps a lot in streamlining!!

There’s a couple of issues I hit and needed to work around:

- after the seaside upgrade script, gemtools login was broken and an error occurred when logging in using topaz. This fixed it:
SystemLoginNotification subscriptions remove: #MetacelloGemStonePlatform.
SystemLoginNotification subscriptions remove: #MetacelloGemStonePlatform.

- [1] seems to give the impression you can load GLASS1 using the loadGLASS1.tpz. This is not the case for Gemstone 3.1 at least. I hit a ‘ConfigurationOfGofer’ load error with that and I had to use the GsUpgrader>>upgradeGLASS1 script.

[1] https://github.com/glassdb/webEditionHome/blob/master/docs/upgrade/upgradeToGemStone3.2.md#6-execute-application-load-topaz-file <https://github.com/glassdb/webEditionHome/blob/master/docs/upgrade/upgradeToGemStone3.2.md#6-execute-application-load-topaz-file>

Cheers
Johan