[Glass] gsDevKit / tode first time setup

Jon Paynter via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Sun Oct 18 18:49:33 PDT 2015

.. and reading the docs further, I see extra args for windows:

$GS_HOME/bin/installClient -c https 3.2.9 tode

But that should be:
$GS_HOME/bin/installClient -c https tode 3.2.9

Also, since the failed install leaves files behind, a  "git reset --hard"
 is needed to cleanup so the installer will work.

... so after the installer finishes im confused what to do next.  The docs
say:

To setup SSH port forwarding,

ssh -L 44834:hostNameOrIp user at example.com

but what do I use for 'hostnameOrIp' ?
I assume I run that cmd on my gemstone server.   The local IP of my VM is
192.168.1.137

So do I run something like this?
ssh -L 56152:192.168.1.137 <then what goes here?>

where "56152" is the netldi port number I got from running the 'stones' cmd
on my server.

I tried, but it did not work:
gemstone at ubuntu:~$ ssh -L 56152:192.168.1.137 user at host.com
Bad local forwarding specification '56152:192.168.1.137'

The client setup also says to copy some files from the server - but the
folder doesnt exist

>From the server installation, copy the server specificaion file to the
client. This file is

$GS_HOME/shared/tode/sys/local/client/descriptions/<myServerNodeName>

If you are using the same name as these examples, it will be named:

$GS_HOME/shared/tode/sys/local/client/descriptions/devKit_329

to the same path on the client node.
but I cannot find a 'descriptions' folder anywhere under GsDevKit_home