[Glass] MAStringReader>>visitNumberDescription broken?

Iwan Vosloo via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Sep 2 02:53:48 PDT 2015

Hello,

In the code we've got (Magritte3 3.3.1 loaded from
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Magritte/Magritte3/main/),

MAStringReader>>visitNumberDescription contains:

  NumberParser isNumber: self contents.

NumberParser is abstract on GemStone, so this always raises an
exception. The exception is a bit masked, since it is caught higher up
the stack with the result that numbers typed into an input for an
MANumberDescription are always rejected as failing validateKind: in
Magritte.

I have checked version 3.3.2 and 3.5.0 in this repository as well and
find the same issue there.

According to https://github.com/magritte-metamodel/magritte, Magritte
should be installed from http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/magritte.htmlon
GemStone - yet that code looks quite old to me...

Are we using the correct repository for GemStone?
And if so.. is the issue tracker for such a GemStone specific issue the
one on https://github.com/magritte-metamodel/magritte ?
... or am I missing something else?

Regards
- Iwan