[Glass] Can I use tODE in this context?

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Sep 14 14:01:26 PDT 2015

Okay, here's the skinny on the description (you may already have figured
it out:

TDSessionDescription{
   #name:'gs_3281',
   #stoneHost:'foos.gemtalksystems.com',
   #stoneName:'gs_3281',
   #gemHost:'foos.gemtalksystems.com',
   #netLDI:'gs_3281_ldi',
   #gemTask:'gemnetobject',
   #userId:'DataCurator',
   #password:'swordfish',
#backupDirectory:'/export/foos1/users/dhenrich/gsDevKitHome/gemstone/stones/gs_3281/backups/',
#snapshotDirectory:'/export/foos1/users/dhenrich/gsDevKitHome/gemstone/stones/gs_3281/snapshots/',
   #gemstoneVersion:'3.2.8.1',
#serverGitRoot:'/export/foos1/users/dhenrich/gsDevKitHome/gemstone/stones/gs_3281/git',
   #serverTodeRoot:'/export/foos1/users/dhenrich/gsDevKitHome/tode'}

You'll want to consider what you put into the name:, stoneHost:,
stoneName:, gemHost:, netLDI:, backupDirectory:, snapshotDirectory:,
serverGitRoot: and serverTodeRoot: fields (my $GS_HOME is
/export/foos1/users/dhenrich/gsDevKitHome).

You will want a separate copy of the description for each stone where
the file name should match the description name which should match the
stone name. Keep all of the copies in
$GS_HOME/tode/sys/local/client/descriptions and the tODEClient will find
new ones and make them available on the tODE system menu.

The stoneHost:, stoneName:, gemHost:, and netLDI: fields should match
the stone info you are connecting to.

The serverTodeRoot: field is most likely fine ($GS_HOME/tode).

You can clear serverGitRoot: (empty string) since you don't use git.

You'll want to change the backupDirectory: and snapshotDirectory: fields
to point to a pair of directories that is unique to each stone ... this
is where the tODE backups and snapshots are stored ... I assume you will
want to keep these separate from your production backup directories ...

I'll send a separate mail about hooking up to the directory structure...