[Glass] Where should I put my own bash scripts in GsDevKit_home?

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Nov 9 08:35:52 PST 2016

Dale,

I am wondering where it is supposed someone would store his own stone-wide
bash scripts. It looks to me the correct place MAY be
`$GS_HOME/sys/local/bin`. And that directory is associated to a git repo:
https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_sys_local.

So...it is nice to know I could manage all the GsDevKit_sys_local in my own
git fork. But...I have a couple of questions:

1) Say I add stuff (like some bash scripts) into  `$GS_HOME/sys/local/bin`.
For a moment imagine I do not commit this into my own git fork. So...what
would happen when I update gsDevKit_home? how can I be sure I won't loose
those files with a latest override from your git repo?

2) Say I do want to commit all that directory into my own git fork. Where
in gsDevKit_home configuration  can I tell it which URL/branch should be
used for GsDevKit/GsDevKit_sys_local ?

Thanks in advance,