[Glass] RPS gems and logging

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Nov 7 03:47:43 PST 2017

Hi Iwan,

Not strictly related, but as I know you are using Seaside etc, I ask: do
you gems really need to be RPC? Why can't the be linked?
In the past, i have some issues with logs with RPC gems because they would
"disappear" when the gem is shutdown. With linked gems I don't have that
problem.

I am defining those logs like this:

## NRS_ALL to define log directory for all processes
GEMSTONE_NRS_ALL='#dir:$GEMSTONE_LOGDIR#log:%N%P.log'

And I do rune > 1 stone in the same machine and I am not finding the issue
you comment. I mean, all my logs are self contained per stone under
$GS_HOME/server/stones/XXX/logs.

Cheers,

On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 3:50 AM, Iwan Vosloo via Glass <