[Glass] Another metacello loading puzzle: xml

Iwan Vosloo via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Jan 31 07:05:47 PST 2018

Hi Dale,

On 26/01/2018 15:58, Dale Henrichs via Glass wrote:
>> I am ignoring pharo for the moment so that I can first sort out issues
>> in our own code (this also upgrades seaside and magritte and the XML
>> projects for us)..... and will then bug the Pharo-users list when I am
>> ready to tackle that issue.
> It is likely to be a Metacello/Monticello issue in pharo as well --- the
> actual error and stack would be critical in determining this --- and if
> it is I am probably the best person to handle it for Pharo as well :)

I am now turning to Pharo... and I managed to get Pharo 3.0 and 6.1 to
load what I can load in Gemstone3.4 with/without a network connection,
BUT... I now have issues loading our own project. Our own project is
loaded via a BaselineOf which only contains internal packages on the
local filetree repo.

It breaks with a 'Apparent loop in before/after dependency definitions'
while trying to do
MetacelloMCVersionSpec(MetacelloVersionSpec)>>packageSpecsInLoadOrder

I have put the (very short transcript) and stack from Pharo6.1 on
pastebin [1]. The MetacelloPackagesSpec asString is also useful - but it
contains information I'd rather keep confidential, so I will email that
off-list.  (I have also pushed the dependencies as per the output of
that MetacelloPackagesSpec asString through a topological sort and found
no circularity.)

Can you shed any light?

[1] https://pastebin.com/hUsQ4eSK

Thanks