[Glass] Restore 3.1.0.6 backup

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Oct 30 09:50:51 PDT 2018

On 10/24/2018 09:11 AM, Trussardi Dario Romano via Glass wrote:
> Ciao,
>
> i have a deployment system based on stone 3.1.0.6 and gsDevKitHome.
>
> The system was installed in early 2015.
>
> Now i do some test to restored the database backup ( from this
> deployment system ) on another system  (  called emergency PC )
>
> This emergency PC is based on GsDevKit_home git ebc8e7b commit.
>
> On it i create the the stone with the command:  createStone base_3106
> 3.1.0.6
>
> A this point all works fine from tode command. ( ws  for example )
>
> Now from topaz session i successfully gave the commands:
>
> 1) SystemRepository restoreFromBackup:
> '/opt/GsDkB/GsDevKit_home/server/stones/base_3106/backups/backup_20181023.dbf.gz'
>
> 2) SystemRepository commitRestore
>
> But after when i login from tode and i do the:ws  command
> the system sometimes answer with the error :
>
> *a InternalError occurred ( error 2261 ) , The object with object
> ID aTDSessionDescription is corrupt.*
> *
> *
> *Reason 'store past end'*
> *
> *
> in this case after 40 seconds the tode shell report:
>
> GciSessionNotLoggedInError: Session no longer logged in.
> Check the gem log for error messages (look at the most recent gem log
> file: `ls $GS_HOME/server/stones/base_3106/logs/gemnetobject*.log`.
> If your stone is running -and healthy (`cat
> $GS_HOME/server/stones/base_3106/logs/base_3106.log`), you can try again.
> **
>
> sometimes answer the error:
>
> *a InternalError occurred ( error 2261 ) , The object with object ID
> *remoteNil is corrupt.**
> *
> *
> *Reason 'store past end'*
> In this case :
> after fourAbort    button click the system open the workspace
>
> and the tode shell report :AUTOCOMMIT DISABLEDAbortered ......
>

> and the tode 1 >     is red
>
> Some considerations ?
Dario,

Am I right in thinking that you are doing the restore from backup into a
stone on another system? If so you are likely missing some of the disk
structure that tODE expects to find. but first I would like to see a
full stack from the error that you are getting, because I would like to
understand the context in which the "corrupt" object errors are
occurring I will spend some time today and try to reproduce the problem
locally so that I can characterize the problem more thoroughly ...