[Glass] Restore 3.1.0.6 backup

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Oct 30 10:52:45 PDT 2018

Dario,

In the tODE shell try running the following:

script --script=rebuildSys

If you get some walkbacks about missing directories go ahead press the
terminate button ... most of the repair should be complete ... the
repository paths will have to be repaired separately.

When I did a restore to a different machine I did notice that doing an
`ls` in the tODE shell gave me an "odd" result, but I didn't see the
issues that you were reporting ... rebuildSys should connect the tODE
directory structure to the current GsDevKit_home directory structure ...
if you copy over your git repositories to $GS_HOME/shared/repos then the
missing repo directory errors might go away ---

If they don't I should be able to suggest additional things to try ...
at the end of the day, we should be able to build up a repair script
that properly repairs the tODE structures when you are restoring to
completely different machine ... a use case that I had not planned for
... but a use case that I think is important ...

Dale