[Glass] tODE refactoring tools

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Thu Sep 12 14:14:41 PDT 2019

Hello,

The refactoring browser code base has been ported to GLASS. Originally
only the configurable code formatter was fully operational, but and a
year or so ago Richard Sargent did some work to port the rest of the RB
framework to GemStone, so the resto of the RB code is there ready to be
hooked into tODE.

If you take a look at the network graph[1]:

the master branch has Richard's latest work merged into it and according
to Travis[2], the master branch is passing against 3.4.3 and 3.5.0, So
the first order of business would be to create a tODE refactoring tool.
The TDBatchEditTool might not be a bad tool to use an an example for a
refactoring tool as there are plenty of examples of working with tODE
definitions ... If you get stuck or have questions, you could share your
code up on github (on a fork of tODE) and I could easily take a look at
what you're doing and give you additional guidance.

Dale

[1] https://github.com/dalehenrich/rb/network
[2] https://travis-ci.org/dalehenrich/rb/builds/573268722