[Glass] Locked by Smalltalkhub and Tonel

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Fri Oct 16 09:49:23 PDT 2020

On 10/16/20 5:11 AM, bruno buzzi brassesco via Glass wrote:

> Dale,
>
> OrderPreservingDictionary
> (https://github.com/brunobuzzi/OrderPreservingDictionary) is working
> with GS:  3.5.4, 3.5.0, 3.4.5, 3.3.9, 3.2.17
> But fail with: GS 3.1.0.6 -Array does not understand #'identityIncludes:-

I think it makes sense to add Array>>identityIncludes: to a new
Collections-OrderPreservingDictionary-GemStone31x package that is
conditional on gs3.1.x.

> https://travis-ci.org/github/brunobuzzi/OrderPreservingDictionary
>
> I only added one method to AbstractDictionary :)
>
> Now i have a couple of questions:
> * There are 3 ston files (smalltalk, pharo and gemstone), these files
> has to be done in all repos ? (i should add them to my
> OrderPreservingDictionary ?)

It's up to you, I think, I split the gemstone and pharo ston files for
the other projects because gemstone had not been added in the first
place, so I decided to preserve the pharo versions and then create the
gemstone variants so that only gemstone would be tested and we wouldn't
have to worry about any changes that might be needed to keep the pharo
versions running ....

At this point in time, I'm thinking that we'll keep these projects alive
until tonel format is officially supported by GLASS and GemStone
(sometime next year with the release of 3.7) when GLASS is reading
tonel, we should then merge these projects back into the
pharo-contributions project ... so we can handle the ston files any way
we want ...

> * The same with yml files (i should add them to my
> OrderPreservingDictionary ?)
>
> I think after solving the questions above i can send you a PR and take
> on the next project.

sounds good .. thanks a lot for your effort!

Dale