[Glass] Gemstone 3.6.0 is now working with GsDevKit (in a ", " locale oriented environment)

Jupiter Jones jupiter.jones at mail.com
Thu Feb 4 18:58:56 PST 2021

Hi Robert,

The documentation is still current. To check I just setup a 3.6.0 on ubuntu and MacOS following the steps under “Installation” here:

https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home <https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home>

The only thing that “appears” dated is the name of the stone being setup. In the instructions is has "createStone devKit_343 3.4.3”. You just need to replace that with “createStone myStoneName 3.6.0”

After you have run the last line of the install “installClient tocd1” in the same shell enter:

startClient tode1

That will launch the tODE dev kit in Pharo that you created with “installClient tode1". There are menu options from there to connect to the stone and show the “project list” which is a good place to start.

Cheers,