[Glass] GC

Leonardo Andres De Marco via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Jan 16 04:07:14 PST 2015

Hi all!
Happy new year!

We have a GC script that run 2 times a day, but sometimes when we needed,
we just run on demand (for example, when the system perform a lot of
reports).

We are working on make the reports better to no generate much garbage, but
the thing right now is how can we know how much garbage exist; some
instructions to know if we have to run the gc or not?

When gc script finish we can read something like this:
"233058 possible dead objects, occupying approximately 20.975.220 bytes,
may be reclaimed." and we know for the bytes amount if the garbage was the
performance problem or not.... thats ok?

thnks!
Leo